Startup Leaders Head to Washington DC
Virginia will be well represented next week when startup leaders from across the U.S. meet with administration officials here in Washington. Six VA-based entrepreneurs will speak for Startup VA in the private meeting. They’ll be presenting the group’s detailed plan to turn VA into a top 5 state in connecting, educating, and resourcing innovators by 2023.
Participants will include:
- Larkin Garbee, serial entrepreneur who founded multiple companies in Richmond, including her current ventures as founder of 804RVA.
- Todd Nuckols, serial technology entrepreneur and current VP of Business Development for EnterBridge Technologies in Richmond.
- Keith Privette, Co-Founder of Silicon Anchor News, curating, energizing, collaborating and building the startup and entrepreneurial community in Norfolk/Virginia Beach.
- Zack Miller, Managing Director of Hatch, mentor based early stage startup accelerator In Norfolk.
- Jennifer Ives, Director of Business Investment for Arlington Economic Development (AED).
- Charlie Jewell, Project Manager for the Montgomery County, Virginia Economic Development Department.
Washington, D.C. – Feb. 1, 2013 – Startup leaders from across the country will convene in Washington, D.C. on February 5th to meet with administration officials to discuss the importance of fostering vibrant startup communities throughout the U.S.These Startup America Region Champions will also unveil their regions’ plans to push their startup ecosystems to the next level. Representatives from the Small Business Administration, Office of Science and Technology Policy and the Department of Commerce will take part in the meeting.
Participating regions include: Startup Arizona, Startup Colorado, Startup DC, Startup Indiana, Startup Iowa, Startup Maryland, Startup North Carolina, Startup Nebraska, Startup Tennessee, Startup Texas and Startup Virginia. This meeting will be preceded by the Kauffman Foundation’s State of Entrepreneurship luncheon and followed by a reception hosted by Startup DC at the brand new D.C. startup hub 1776.
Tuesday, February 5th
Private Meeting with Administration Officials
3:00pm – 4:30pm
Reception at 1776 (Media Welcome)
5:00pm – 6:30pm
1133 15th St., NW, 12th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
The Startup America Partnership is a growing national movement of thousands of founders, experts and resources providing startups access to the corporations, investors, and services they need to grow and succeed. Launched at the White House in early 2011, the Partnership brings together startups and local champions from around the country focused on creating successful networks for young, high-growth companies to thrive. AOL co-founder Steve Case chairs the Partnership and the Kauffman and Case Foundations are its founding partners. American Airlines, American Express OPEN, Dell Inc., Intuit Inc., Microsoft and NYSEEuronext are corporate sponsors. The Partnership will identify, measureandreport on the effectiveness of cross-sector collaboration in support of entrepreneurial ventures and its effect on job creation and growth. For more information on the Partnership, visit www.s.co and follow us at www.twitter.com/